At NEDT, we’ve been helping households get rid of their residential hazardous waste for years. If you’ve ever been curious or even hesitant about what a typical trip to one of our Household Hazardous Products Collection Centers is like, this blog and its video are for you! Watch and read on to learn about what to expect, how quick and easy the process is, and what you can do to prepare beforehand.
What It’s Like at an NEDT Collection Center
Watched the video? It’s literally that easy! A quick recap below on the quick and easy steps once you’ve arrived at one of our Household Hazardous Products Collection Centers:
- Pull up to one of the designated parking spots and unlock your trunk where you’ve placed the products you’re bringing in.
- Notify an NEDT staff member you’re here. Usually, they will immediately come out when you’ve pulled up, but you may have to go inside if they are helping another customer.
- Fill out the Check In sheet, which asks for some basic information, certify that you’re bringing hazardous waste from your home or as a VSQG business.
- While you’re filling out the form, NEDT technicians will be emptying out products and sorting them, then take them inside to weigh and count the items and filling out the totals on your sheet.
- Staff will then walk you through the costs and answer any questions you might have. Then pay for the disposal of the products you’ve brought in, and you’re good to go!
Preparing for a Trip to an NEDT Collection Center
Before you take your trip to one of our collection centers, here are a few things you can do not only to save time but make sure you’ve got all the household hazardous products collected from your home:
- Find Your Closest NEDT Collection Center: On our Hours and Directions page, find the location and time that works for you. Includes holiday hours.
- See What We Accept: Head over to our What We Accept page to learn what products we accept, and which we don’t, so you bring only what we can dispose of.
- Your Household Hazardous Rating: Want to know what common products you have at home you should dispose of? Take our quiz!
- Price Out Your Trip: With our Price List page, you can plan out your costs before you come over with just a common scale. We keep pricing similar and straightforward.
Have any questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us online or call us at 1-866-769-1621. If you’re looking for more information on handling, reusing, and disposing of household hazardous waste, including at-home options, check out both our Fact Sheets and Our Blog. We hope to see you soon!